Thunderbird and deleting msgs in threaded display

I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.2 which is the latest available Debian packaged release, and I'd like to know if anyone else sees this bug, which is giving me grief at the moment due to my heavy use of the delete button.

I wonder whether this is a bug on all platforms, or is it just in Linux Debian under Gnome that I run it under?

I expand all the threads in the folder, and start deleting them, either with the delete key or the delete menu button. With the current message highlighted/focussed and all further messages unread, TB quickly marks the msg read and moves it to the trash folder. If I go fast because I want to delete the whole thread, after on average every 10 deletes, TB forgets which msg should have the focus, the highlight disappears and I have to use the down button to move onto a msg.

This didn't happen in Mozilla Suite, which I was using until last week.

Does anyone else experience this?

Adam