Re: Why I use "stable"... was: Re: k3b not available

On Sunday 06 November 2005 21:27, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> > If you want to help test the next release(s) of Debian, or want the
> > newest packages (with the potential for some occasional aggravation) use
> > "testing" or "unstable".  If you want nice, boring consistency, and
> > predictability, use "stable", and take a couple of steps back from the
> > leading edge... :)
>
> But the removal of packages is a bit drastic even for testing (not for
> unstable though).

Until the KDE3.4 transition started, unstable had occasional aggravation but
was very usable. Now, it has become and for some time now and utter mess. I
cannot dare do dist-upgrade and do upgrades manually, piecemeal.