2.6.14 Problems (was Re: sarge: 2.6.14 kernel panics on boot)

On Sunday 06 November 2005 19:32, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> Thats because devfs is creating the nodes in kernels < 2.6.14.
> With 2.6.14 DEVFS is no longer supported in the kernel, so you have
> to use another method to create device nodes like udev (the new way)
> or MAKEDEV( the old way, before devfs).

Could this be why alsa audio is not working in this kernel?

For those having trouble booting, my advice: Make your own initrd using the
old and trusty mkinitrd rather than the new yaird stuff.