External SCSI Hard Drive Not Auto-mounting

I just recently installed an Adaptec AHA-2940UW SCSI adapter, so I could
make use of this spare 4.3GB external SCSI hard drive.  Anyway, I
partitioned the drive and used mkfs to create an ext3 file system on it.

I then created a mount point for it /workspace/Multimedia, and updated
my fstab file, which now looks like this:

proc        /proc                 proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hda1   /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hda10  /archives               ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdb1   /home                   ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda7   /opt                    ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda6   /root                   ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdb2   /shared                 ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda5   /tmp                    ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda9   /usr                    ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda8   /var                    ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdb3   /workspace              ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hdd1   /shared/Public          ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/hda4   none                    swap    sw              0       0
/dev/sda1   /workspace/Multimedia   ext3    defaults        0       0
/dev/hdc    /dvd              iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/fd0    /media/floppy0          auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

I suspect the problem has to do with my partitions being mounted during
boot up before the SCSI drivers are loaded.  If this is the case, then
is there a way to get the SCSI drivers to load earlier in the boot
process?  I can mount the partition manually after logging in, so I know
that the drive itself is good.