Re: Why I use "stable"... was: Re: k3b not available

These sorts of temporary inconveniences are why I switched back to using
Debian "stable".  I'm not complaining about "testing" and "unstable",
but I just want to let people know that "stable" is a place where
packages don't usually "disappear" from the repositories.

If you want to help test the next release(s) of Debian, or want the
newest packages (with the potential for some occasional aggravation) use
"testing" or "unstable".  If you want nice, boring consistency, and
predictability, use "stable", and take a couple of steps back from the
leading edge... :)
well it was not exactly this case (i have this problem on my i386)... but i have also amd64 and there you cannot simply "go stable"... and i like to have packages in same versions on both computers (actually some of them require it - unison, for example)

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"