Re: iptables

Hello Roy,

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 15:42:46 +0100
"Roy" <pict001a@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been using Debian since the arrival of Sarge and found it
> excellent, compared to Mandrake.  On Mandrake I was able to
> configure iptables, as the file was located in etc/iptables,
> unfortunately being new to Debian i'm unable to find the
> location of iptable.

Why not puting them in /etc/network/interfaces?

pre-up /sbin/iptables -t filter -A INPUT -p tcp \
  -m state --state INVALID -j DROP || /bin/true

Don't forget to load all the modules in /etc/modules

Jörg

--
Jörg Schütter                      http://www.schuetter.org/joerg
joerg@schuetter.org                http://www.lug-untermain.de/