two problems: 1. dvd drives ; 2.speedtouch modem

Hy, It's me again ;) I've got tw problems;
1.
First is with my dvd roms. I have one dvd writer and one dvd rom. Both are detected and mounted properly (think so..) but when I want to open dvd to take away my disc, I can't do that. There's no problem with dvd writer, because I can right-click on the icon and clik open. When I wanna do the same with dvd, there's only 'unmount'. The configurations in '/etc/fstab' is the same for both drives;
-------
/dev/hdd    /mnt/dvd     iso9660    ro,user,auto    0    0
/dev/hdc    /mnt/dvdrw   iso9660    ro,user,auto    0    0
-------

2.
I've got another problem as well :p ;)
Know, that You've heard thousands questions as for thomson speedtouch 330 modem, but something's wrong :>
I downloaded speedtouch driver ('speedtouch-06-03-2005.tar.gz') and untar this, put the thomson driver (alcaudsl.sys) into a new folder ('speedtouch-06-03-2005'), run 'speedtouch.sh' scrypt and received message like that: "No USB bus found". Checked 'cat /proc/bus/usb/devices' and found that USB are detected. And I don't understand what's goin' on :/ Hope You do.
Thanks for any answer.

Clawfinger w warszawskiej Stodole.
22.01.2006. Bilety: odyssey.pl, ticketpro.pl
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fnaklubowo.html&sid=557