Re: Shutdown due to thermal event (sid)

> ==========================
> Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:02:55 -0200
> From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Shutdown due to thermal event (sid)
> ==========================
>
> Use the attached lm85.c file instead of the one in the kernel.
> These changes will be refactored and sent in a far more properly
> way to hwmon upstream in a not so distant future.
> USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
How am I supposed to use this modified lm85.c??
The nearest to compiling i went is just to replace the same file
in my kernel source tree (2.6.24-1-686).
There it dies with:
linux/i2c-sensor.h: No such file or directory
linux/i2c-vid.h: No such file or directory

> The logic inside the adm1027 is way better, use it.  Setup the
> chip directly
> in sysfs, as lm-sensors usermode code is broken, too.
again: how am I supposed to use this?
I'm a little confused.
What debian packages should I use?
I would not want (if possible) to recompile/hand-modify things.
I'm running sid because I need the eciadsl driver, else I would
happily go back to stable (or testing).

> /proc I2C is dead in 2.6.
ok.

Please, can someone point me to a *detailed* description of just
how to have fan control this working?

Just to answer to other people:
1) I know that one fan is not enough for all thoose disks: I have 3, they simply are not connected to the motherbard but directly to the power supply (12V) so they do not show on sensors.
2) I'm pretty sure that something is wrong since the RPMs of the various fans (primarily the CPU!) do not change with temperature (as they should) and do not respond to manual setting of PWMs.
3) I hope the power supply is enough since I have a 500W PS.

Thanks for Your attention
Mauro