Re: Synchronize file on HD and USB stick

Vincent Smeets wrote:

Hallo,

is there some tool to synchronize files or directories between a hard disk and a USB stick? I have some files on the hard disk of my home computer. I have a copy of them on a USB stick so that I can use the files at other places (at work) too. I need to keep those two copies in sync, sometimes the USB file are changed, sometimes the HD files.

On Windows I used a "Workmap" directory on the USB stick. It showed a button in the explorer to synchronize the files and Windows checked which one was the newest version. Now I have left Windows and switched over to Debian, but I still have the files on the stick and HD that need to be synchronized. Is there some tool in Debian for that?

Thanks,
Vincent Smeets

rsync -avzp source-address destination-address
will make sure that the files in source are also there on destination. It is not exactly what you want but it does half the job.

bye
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi