Getting LPRng to work

One of my current tasks in upgrading from RH 8 to Sarge, which began last July, is to enable printing using LPRng. After installing the lprng package, I open "Printing Manager" from the KDE menu. The resulting window indicates that I am using the LPR/LPRng printing system with the LPR spooler type.

However, when I click on the "Add" menu, only one of the two options is open to me: "Add Special (pseudo) printer...". The option which I think I should want, "Add Printer/Class..." is shaded and consequently cannot be opened.

So, my questions are: how do I add my actual printer to the list of pseudo printers which already appear in the Printing Manager list, and how do I configure it?

When installing the lprng package, I did notice the following comment: "SOL Get_local_host: 'localhost' IP address not available!" Does this comment have any relevance? Running "cat /etc/hosts" returns the following: "127.0.0.1 SOL.localdomain SOL SOL"
--
				Ken Heard
				Toronto, Canada