Re: Remote X login

Mark said:
> Previously marc (gmane@auxbuss.com):
>> Elimar Riesebieter said...
>> Used on the client
>> # ssh -X user@host
>> ssh logs in, as it does without -X.
>>
>> If I then try to run, say, kwrite, I receive the error:
>> # kwrite: cannot connect to X server
>> which is the same as without the -X option.
>>
>> Is this the correct way to use this function?

> Yes, but you probably don't have your sshd daemon set up to allow
> X forwarding to work with remote logins.
>
> Add to /etc/ssh/sshd_config
> X11UseLocalhost No
>
> Change X11Forwarding no to
> X11Forwarding yes

Thanks for that. Adding
# X11Forwarding yes
/etc/ssh/sshd_config
allows me to run remote process - albeit with a lot of chatter.

However, when I add
# X11UseLocalhost no
I get
Error: Can't open display: host:10.0

I read the man on sshd_config on this directive, but I couldn't
ascertain whether using it was a good thing or a bad thing. What is a
"wildcard address"?

--
Best,
Marc