Re: getmail (fetchmail-look-a-like) + cyrus

Sorry for asking this list, 'cause I've found a solution:

After some searching on the getmail mailing list I found this setup useful

getmailrc content section [destination]
[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
arguments = ("-i", "-f erroraddress", "the_address_to.forward.to")

this makes the system not to send possible invalid bounces if I understand
everything well. The possible invalid bounces qill go to the erroraddress
emailaddress. The error address should be in your own domain. The "-i"
switch is to allow a message with a line only containing . to be send I
think.

Corné