Re: cannot choose kwin when using kdm - Solved

Don't you love it when you post a question to a mailing list, and then
figure out the solution less than 120 seconds later?

It turns out I just did not have ksmserver package installed, which is
apparently contains a key component (/usr/bin/startkde).  After
installing that and restarting kdm, it works fine now.

Thanks for listening.

--
Peace,
Aaron Maxwell - http://redsymbol.net