Re: how to close the nxclient session properly

Anyway, I tried using a KDE desktop in both the client machine and the nxsession, and my key bindings worked as expected. Perhaps you have khotkeys enabled, whereas I don't? I enabled it, both on the client machine and the client session, but it didn't seem to make a difference for me. I even tried to set up a khotkey shortcut using Alt+F2, but I couldn't key it in, as the session would minimize as soon as I hit it.

What keyboard layout are you using? I'm using US English, standard PC-104 keyboard. Maybe that could be the problem?
I was not sure what keyboard layout I was using before. I removed all my keyboard layouts and made it U.S.English, standard PC-104 and it started working. Now the keyboard shortcuts given in the nxclient document (http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR03C00172) are working fine. Awesome. Thanks a lot.

However if I do the following then the keyboard shortcuts are not working.

On the machine running nxclient, Go to the command line prompt
open an X server by doing
 X :1 &
Now start nxclient in this
 DISPLAY=:1 nxclient &

It opens the nxclient session in :1 (ctrl-alt-F8) and the keyboard shortcuts does not work there. What am I missing in this method?

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/