Re: Getting Debian updates onto a slow bandwidth system

On fredag 28 oktober 2005, 19:27, celejar@gmail.com wrote:
> > Is there a possibility to copy all sarge updates
> > to, say, a usb-drive, takes this home and update the debian
> > system from this drive.
> > I have limited bandwith (debian) and I want to use another
> > host (windows) for this.
>
> The Debian package 'apt-zip' does exactly that.

A somewhat related question: Can jigdo, when building CDs, take the
updates and replace the packages that has been updated, in the install
image?

I'll be doing a clean install next week, where I'll install partly from
CDs, and don't want to waste bandwidth or space on the CDs for packages
that will be updated immediately anyway, and there are lots of them
this time.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer