Re: Wireless access suddenly broken

On 28 Oct 2005, David Goodenough wrote:
> Iwconfig does not ever read /etc/network/interfaces.  /e/n/i is effectively
> a script to configure an interface, iwconfig gets the current config from
> the driver.
>
> The first question is there, what changed - apart from it not working.  Had
> you upgraded anything, had you changed any settings on the wireless AP?
> Something must have changed, so we need to find what it is.
>
> Have you looked in /var/log/dmesg and /var/log/syslog for any messages
> related to this adapter?  If not please do.
>
> What kernel are you running, what wireless card are you using, and in
> the case where there is more than one (i.e. any Prism 2 based card) which
> driver are you using?
>
> David

I'm using Sid and probably did do an upgrade in the last day or two. I
have not changed any settings myself.

Dmesg shows:

MAC enabled eth1 <MAC no. of card>
eth1 index 0x05: Vcc 5.0, Vpp 5.0, irq 3, io 0x0100-0x013F

Syslog shows the above two lines, plus:

executing: '.network start eth1 2>&1'
+ Sample private network setup

The card is a Cisco Aironet 340

Kernel 2.6.13-1-686; I also tried 2.6.10-1-686