Re: Wireless access suddenly broken

Iwconfig does not ever read /etc/network/interfaces.  /e/n/i is effectively
a script to configure an interface, iwconfig gets the current config from
the driver.

The first question is there, what changed - apart from it not working.  Had
you upgraded anything, had you changed any settings on the wireless AP?
Something must have changed, so we need to find what it is.

Have you looked in /var/log/dmesg and /var/log/syslog for any messages
related to this adapter?  If not please do.

What kernel are you running, what wireless card are you using, and in
the case where there is more than one (i.e. any Prism 2 based card) which
driver are you using?

David