Re: https on testing/unstable

On Thu October 27 2005 03:08 pm, [KS] wrote:
> Alan Ianson wrote:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > Whenever I run testing or unstable I am unable to access my bank online,
> > with any browser. I'm trying to use Scotiabank online. That is about the
> > only secure site that I use so I haven't noticed any other problems. Does
> > anyone know why that would be, or what if anything I can do to get access
> > to my banks site? The site works fine when I'm using Sarge.
>
> checked scotiaonline.scotiabank.com (the bank's Canadian site pointed
> took me to the .com site)and the secure page for logging in was loaded
> without any problems! And I have an unstable box.
>
> Which browser are you using? The scotiabank website says IE 5.5 SP2 or
> higher, Netscape Comm 7.0x or higher and Safari 1.2. All need 128-bit
> encryption. So Mozilla or Firefox should work atleast! But I don't know
> why don't banks upgrade to a 256-bit encryption when that is available
> for secure communication these days.

I usually us konqueror, but I do have and use mozilla/firefox/epiphany/galeon
and probably there are others too. If you goto www.scotiabank.com and hit the
link near the top left that says "Online services... Banking signon" does it
load that page for you? That is the page where I need to enter my card number
and password but I can't get that page to load with testing or unstable. I
agree about the encryption, it needs to be good & tight.