QQ about apt.

(noob)

I would like to know if and how it is possible to do a non-interactive
install of an .deb package.  The pages I have read talk only of a 'yes to
all questions' option which is obviously useless if the package you are
installing has questions other than yes/no and so on.

The docs also speak of being able to set *arbitrary* options in the command
line.  This seemed to be more related to the apt-get program rather than the
packages.

Two examples I want to do are Apache2 and PostgreSQL which require some
additional prompting.  The purpose here is to create a set of steps which
can quickly install a Debian system from scratch, limit down-time and remove
some of the human element.

Is there a way of doing this?  I'm at about a 3 bananas out of 5 on the
howler monkey scale.

TIA,
Scott.