Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle 9i on Debian Sarge

Pete Clarke wrote:
http://sneezy.hybrigenics.fr/oracle/

But I cannot get the installer to actually run!
I get as far as running "./runInstaller" but all I get is a command prompt back again! If I try to run "install/linux/runInstaller" directly I get a segmentation fault...

Has anyone actually installed the Oracle 9i client sucessfully under Sarge ... if so, what (if any) hoops did you have to jump through?

The 9i installer is java based if I remember right. It comes with its own jre (I think 1.1.3); make sure your JAVA_HOME and other java variables are set to that.