Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle 9i on Debian Sarge

Installing the Oracle 9i client is easy. It's the database install that sucks, mainly due to Oracle's craptastic gui and it's problems.

I only need the Client installed, the server is running on a Solaris box.
I am having the devils own job getting the client installed tho' - I followed the instructions here:

http://sneezy.hybrigenics.fr/oracle/

But I cannot get the installer to actually run!
I get as far as running "./runInstaller" but all I get is a command prompt back again! If I try to run "install/linux/runInstaller" directly I get a segmentation fault...

Has anyone actually installed the Oracle 9i client sucessfully under Sarge ... if so, what (if any) hoops did you have to jump through?

Cheers,

Pete.