Re: [ot] database design guide ???

mds, I'm late but my *database design guide* wasn't written at the time of your posting. I'm answering though, because this thread was picked up by search engines and it may helpful for somebody, hopefully ;)

The Dos and Don'ts of database design at
http://www.smart-it-consulting.com/database/progress-database-design-guide/

--
>Over the years, I've done sql work on various databases; but, my
>programming expertise lies elsewhere.
>
>Now, I have an opportunity to build a database application for a client
>and I need guidance on good _database_ design.
>
>Since the primary function of this will be scheduling, it would be most
>helpful if such a guide was specific to scheduling, pim's, &c.
>
>What howto's, books, websites, &c. ought I to investigate in >preparation for this project?
>
>What do you think?
>
>Best Regards,
>
>mds

---------