Re: HP DL360 G4 Compatibility

> We are looking to replace a load of servers at work with HP DL360 G4's
> and I just wanted to see if others were running these and what
> problems/gotchas I needed to be aware of.

In my experience with the DLXXX G3 line, at least for the IA32 boxes basic
support is not a problem.  The HPQ drivers/agents for stuff like health
monitoring, etc is another story but it can be done.  The SmartArray 6i
controller should work out of the box (cciss driver) as will the onboard
NICs.

> HP only certify on RH and Suse and in my experience their drivers &
> tools are built for those distros.

True.  Take a look at http://debian.catsanddogs.com/ for some more Debian
on HP info, maybe it can help you.
--