Re: best cheap sound card

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 07:14:11PM -0400, Colin wrote:
> Bob Hynes wrote:
> > Hello, I'm researching sound cards. I'd like to get something cheap
> > (under $50) that Debian will probably support with no problem. My first
> > inclination is always sound blaster, but any ideas?
>
> I'd concur.  Anything from the Sound Blaster 128 to the _original_ Audigy
> should work fine.

My local CompUSA and Circuit City outlets only list the SoundBlaster
Live! 24-bit Sound Card in this category (under $50).  The comment at

 http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix

says "Capture of sound not supported."  It also isn't clear what
"[ANio]" means on that form.

And this thread seems to agree, concluding that after much headache,
the card plays sound, but the microphone doesn't work:

 http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/26/2005/03/4/285928

Huh...

Any other advice out there?  Maddening....

Thanks,

Neal McBurnett                 http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/
Signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  GPG/PGP Keyid: 2C9EBA60