Re: remote desktop

Jan Grant wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Rodney Richison wrote:

What method would be good to control windows machines from my linux machine.
Windows remote desktop sucks. Though it's easy to setup with tsclient on my
debian box.

You don't explain which features of windows remote desktop are problematic; personally, having very recently tried both VNC and remote desktop, I'd say the latter performed much better. Or are you after something for remot maintenance, scripting, etc?

Opps, I'll explain, It'd be nice to be able to drag and drop etc. But the what I REALLY need is to possible login as admin and work in the background while not disturbing the user. Remote desktop knocks them right out and it'd really be easier to go push them out of the chair and tell them I have work to do.. :)

--
Highest Regards,

Rodney Richison
RCR Computing