Re: Large LDAP deployments

> Alternatively, he's talking about Novell's eDirectory, which
> he says kicks the butt of any other directory service.

That is probably true, but if you want a high performace LDAP directory,
don't go with the Netware/eDirectory/LDAP solution. My experience of it is
that it works fine under light loads - but if you give it a lot of ldap
queries to handle, the CPU usage on the server goes to 100% and the server
even becomes unresponsive. We currently have qmail-ldap pointing at a
netware 6.5 and have to keep concurrent deliveries (and therefore LDAP
queries) at 10 or less - any more will cause the LDAP queries to time out
and will cause the server to become unresponsive until the ldap module is
unloaded and reloaded again. This typically happens if someone sends a
mail to a local list of people (for example all staff in our organisation)

If anyone uses netware and qmail-ldap and has it working quickly tho -
feel free to mail me.......

Anthony