Re: dual postfix and split logs - syslog.conf

Hans du Plooy napisał(a):
Hi all,

I setup two instances of postfix, with the idea in mind to separate the two sets of logs. I'm having a bit of difficulty with the logging. Running sarge.

In the second instance of postfix, I have this in main.cf:

syslog_facility = mail-out
syslog_name = postfix

And in syslog.conf, I have this:

mail.*                          -/var/log/mail.log
mail.info                       -/var/log/mail.info
mail.warn                       -/var/log/mail.warn
mail.err                        /var/log/mail.err
mail-out.*                          -/var/log/mail-out.log
mail-out.info                       -/var/log/mail-out.info
mail-out.warn                       -/var/log/mail-out.warn
mail-out.err                        /var/log/mail-out.err

The first instance logs to the first set of logs, but the second instance won't start, saying the following:

Oct 26 09:44:33 mercury postfix[2293]: fatal: file /etc/postfix-out/main.cf: parameter syslog_facility: unrecognized value: mail-out

What am I doing wrong?

There ain't no such facility as mail-out.
man 3 syslog
man 5 syslog.conf