Re: Downloading .m3u or .mp3 with Firefox

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 01:49:59PM +0200, Hanspeter Roth wrote:
>   On Oct 24 at 13:48, Hanspeter Roth spoke:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > when I click a .m3u or .mp3 link in Firefox in the Debian
> > installation the mouse-pointer shows the busy-pointer for two
> > seconds but else nothing happens. I have no chance to specify a
> > download directory or to choose an application to handle the link as
> > this is the case with other distributions.
> > How can I make Firefox to offer a dialog to choose a download
> > directory or an application to deal with the link in Debian
> > environment?
>
> I have found the solution:
> I have dropped the Debian Firefox package and installed the
> Mozilla.org one.
> Now Firefox behaves as expected offering a dialog where I can
> tell it what to do with the .m3u file.
>
> -Hanspeter

Did you have the Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads -> 'Ask me where to
save every file' chosen in your Debian Firefox?

Also have you specified any application for those types? It could be
that the handler is failing and cannot tell you, because it is called by
Firefox. Anything in the .xsession-errors?

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature