Re: TeTeX 3 in experimental

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 04:49:24PM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Hi, Jim.
>
> On Oct 21 2005, Jim McCloskey wrote:
> > Is anyone using the TeTeX 3 packages in experimental? How functional
> > are they?
>
> The packages are quite good, but teTeX 3 has just been uploaded to
> unstable, after being available in experimental for some time.
>
> I have used those packages when they were still in experimental and they
> are quite good, might I say. Of course, you should be prepared to live
> with some problems, as they're still polishing the packages that are in
> unstable and may soon be available in testing (which is what I actually
> use).
>
> OTOH, the new and improved packages that come with it are very good,
> IMVHO.
>
> > Backports.org only has a version 2 TeTeX.
>
> Frank Küster (one of the main tetex developers for Debian) has put
> backported versions of the tetex 3 packages for sarge. See:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~frank/teTeX-3.0/

How does this integrate with the rest of the debian-sarge system?

Does everything (both the official debian-TeX and this backport) comply
with the official TeX Document Structure? And will they work together
seamlessly (I recall that I once switched from the TeX-system, that was
suppplied with Suse or Mandrake to the official TeX-Live dist, and the
Linux-system kept complaining, that there was no TeX-system available)

/Severino