RE: Kmenu logoff quit powering off computer

Somebody suggested looking at this file, but<br>
it appears to be ok:<br>
$ /etc/default# more halt<br>
# Default behaviour of shutdown -h / halt. Set to "halt" or "poweroff".<br>
HALT=poweroff<br>
$ /etc# more modules<br>
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.<br>
#<br>
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are<br>
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with<br>
# a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.<br>
rtc<br>
apm power_off=1<br>
usb-ohci<br>
serial<br>
sis900<br>
i810_audio<br>
agpgart<br>
nls_cp437<br>
nls_iso8859-1<br>
ext3<br>
#reiserfs<br>
#xfs<br>
#ntfs<br>
#minix<br>
#hfs<br>
#efs<br>
af_packet<br>
autofs4<br>
usb-storage<br>
ide-scsi<br>
$ /etc# !! | egrep apm<br>
modprobe -l | egrep apm<br>
/lib/modules/2.6.11-1-k7/kernel/drivers/net/arcnet/capmode.ko<br>
/lib/modules/2.6.11-1-k7/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/apm.ko<br>
I out of ideas.  Help.<br>
Thanks<br>
J<br>

 --- On Mon 10/24, J F < j1234f@excite.com > wrote:<br>
 I think I have an useful error message that was the<br>
last thing on my video monitor when I used Kmenu to<br>
logoff last night.<br>
Unknown option '-h'<br>
usage: halt  [-n] [-w] [-d] [-f] [-i] [-p]<br>
INIT: not more processes left in this runlevel.<br>
So, I assume this has something to do with /etc/rc0.d ?<br>
Does your computer power off when you use kmenu to logout and<br>
turn off the computer now?<br>
THanks,<br>
J<br>
 --- On Sun 10/23, J F < j1234f@excite.com > wrote:<br>
From: J F [mailto: j1234f@excite.com]<br>
my own.  Now with I use kmenu to logout and then select "Turn<br>
off computer" in the popup window, it shuts down the computer<br>
but leaves the fan and video card on.<br>
I have to turn it off at the power switch. I really want<br>
to have it automatically turn off the power.<br>What file do I edit?<br>
Maybe something in:<br>/etc/rc5.d ?<br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com