Re: OpenOffice.org 2.0

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 02:35:19AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2005-10-24 18:57:39 -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > Except that it is now linked against the libraries from gcc-4.0, g++-4.0
> > and gcj-4.0.  Those libraries are not compatible the libraries currently
> > in Sarge.
>
> I see. So, isn't it possible to build a backport statically linked
> with these libraries?

It is, but you would have to modify the source package and rebuild it
yourself in Sid or in a Sid chroot.  I should point out that the
resulting packages would be absolutely gargantuan.  You would likely be
better off getting the Sun JVM and downloading and aliening the RPMS
from their website.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez