Re: A simple MTA?

I don't have an answer, but I'll chime in that I spent 8 hours
Saturday trying to configure exim4 (I had been using exim3
successfully, but wanted to add spamassassin and get up to date).  I
ultimately failed because it simply would not authenticate with my
isp's (SBC Yahoo DSL) smtp server.  I installed esmtp and had
everything working in less than 30 minutes.  exim4 is obviously
working for many, maybe most, people, but its documentation is
forboding and yet seems to be missing some information.  I ended up
disgusted with both myself and the tool.  And Google failed me, too.

--
Michael Epting