Re: Re: Hello I'm new to Linux, anybody can tell me the best way of learning it. I'm interest in realtime applications

I'm returning discussion to the mailing list.  Debian list policy is that
private replies are discouraged unless requested.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 03:22:37AM -0700, Eduardo wrote:
> Thanks for answering.
>
> I want to program real time applications, like a robot using PC-104
> platforms, so I'm not looking more like a DOS system type. I been reading a
> lot about Linux but there are too many options and I don't know wich is the
> right for me

Here's a list:

http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/variants/variants.html

You might also check

http://www.embedded-linux.org/

I'm not an expert (or even an embedded developer), just someone who reads
about this stuff.  One thing: as far as I know (and I'm sure someone will
correct me) Debian has no realtime distributions designed for embedded use.
You might do better asking questions on another mailing list, or on Usenet,
therefore.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.