reduce write access to hard disk

Dear all,
I'm currently trying to build a low power/low noise computer and as a part of
the concept, I would like to use a flash card as the main storage.
I'm aware, that flash cards have only a limited amount of write cycles before
the cells wear out and therefore I'm looking for ways to reduce the number of
write cycles.
First of all, it is obvious, that swap partitions have to be avoided and
replaced by real ram, so currently I'm planing for 2 maybe even 4 GB of
memory.
Now, I've once used noflushd on a notebook, which somewhat does, what I want,
however, with every read cycle also writes are performed.
What I would like to have would be to assign - say .5 to 1 GB memory to store
all write accesses and only make them permanent every hour or so. So noflushd
would still perform write access too often.
Any ideas are welcome :)

Jonathan

--
I am so optimistic about beef prices that I've just leased a pot roast
with an option to buy.