Re: OpenOffice.org 2.0

Rick Friedman wrote:
On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 11:14 -0500, Michael Satterwhite wrote:

OK, I'll be the first to admit that the problem is with me. Where are
these packages as far as apt is concerned?

I tried apt-get update; apt-get install openoffice.org; It reports that
I already have the latest version.

I tried apt-get install openoffice.org2; it reports I have the latest
version. My version of openoffice.org is 1.9; my version of
openoffice.org2 is the beta. How do I install the official release?

Edit your sources.list file (usually in /etc/apt). Add the following
line:

deb http://people.debian.org/~rene/openoffice.org/2.x ./

Once you've done that, run apt-get update followed by
apt-get install openoffice.org

When I do this, I get the following errors:

libcurl3-dev: Depends: libcurl3-openssl-dev (= 7.15.0-3) but it is not going to beinstalled openoffice.org: Depends: openoffice.org-core (> 2.0.0) but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-writer but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-calc but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-impress but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-draw but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-math but it is not going to be installed Depends: openoffice.org-base but it is not going to be installed openoffice.org-common: Depends: openoffice.org-core (> 2.0.0) but it is not going to be installed openoffice.org-dev: Depends: libstlport4.6-dev (>= 4.6.2-3) but it is not going tobe installed Depends: openoffice.org-core (= 2.0.0-1) but it is not going to be installed python-uno: Depends: openoffice.org-core (> 2.0.0) but it is not going to be installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution)

Note that I tried to install the official Debian package earlier - it errors off, too. They're going to get it fixed, of course, and it isn't holding me up (there is KOffice, after all), but it would be nice to get the official 2.0 release on my system.