Re: Ready to join the club..

Actually, I did a Google.  I ran tasksel as root and loaded the files
for the dektop.  I answered several questions during the process.
However, I still can't load the desktop.  I get the following error
message

(EE) ef860penSerial I cannot open device /dev/input/mouse
(EE) ConfiguredMouse: Cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse"

Although I'm a noob, I can surmise that I've got a problem with my
mouse.  How to fix?  The mouse is a serial mouse with 6 male pins in
the connector and 6 female receptors in the back of the PC.  The mouse
is a MS 2 button + scroll wheel.

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thank you,

Greg