Problems with 'create mask' and 'security mask' in SAMBA configuration

Hi guys,

I am mounting the homes of my users via samba. Both server and clients
are linux boxes running Debian Sarge. My samba package (server and smbfs)
are 3.0.14a-3.

What I would like to do should basically result of:

    directory mask = 0700
    force directory mode = 0
    directory security mask = 0777
    force directory security mode = 0

    create mask = 0600
    force create mode = 0
    security mask = 0777
    force security mode = 0

i.e. user files and dirs are created 0600/0700 but they can change
whatever permissions they like.

But I can't get this to work the way it should.

I read the samba how-to (samba.org -> Official How To -> III. -> Chapter
15 -> "Interaction with the Standard Samba 'create mask' Parameters")
carefully!

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong or knows of a bug that would be the
cause of my problems?

My smb.conf is:

---8<---

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    browseable = no

# By default, the home directories are exported read-only. Change next #
parameter to 'yes' if you want to be able to write to them.
    writable = yes

# File creation mask is set to 0600 for security reasons. If you want to #
create files with group=rw permissions, set next parameter to 0775.
    create mask = 0600
    force create mode = 0
    security mask = 0777
    force security mode = 0

# Directory creation mask is set to 0700 for security reasons. If you
want to
# create dirs. with group=rw permissions, set next parameter to 0775.
    directory mask = 0700
    force directory mode = 0
    directory security mask = 0777
    force directory security mode = 0

--->8---

Using the above configuration i try:

amadeu@kelvin:~$ touch TEST
amadeu@kelvin:~$ ls -l TEST
-rw-------  1 amadeu users 0 2005-10-21 09:47 TEST
amadeu@kelvin:~$ chmod 777 TEST
amadeu@kelvin:~$ ls -l TEST
-rw-------  1 amadeu users 0 2005-10-21 09:47 TEST

I've the same problem with directories.

Additionaly, I tried change the parameters of 'create mask', 'security
mask' and force's options, but nothing worked :-(

Your help is much apreciated!

--
|> Amadeu Jr. :: Science Computer Student - Federal University of Bahia /
Brazil