Problem with DNS resolving on Debian sarge

Hi... I'm having a problem with my connection (PPPoE) on a fresh Debian 3.1 sarge installation.
Just after boot time everything is OK, I can access any working site including this one.
but after some time (a few hours probably) there seems to be a problem with DNS resolving - It just doesn't work, and I have to access sites by their IP (which is a real pain), and even then It works very slowly.
Till now I was using CRUX 2.1, and with the rp-pppoe package, everything worked ok - I did `pppoe-setup` or whatever that was, then `pppoe-start` and it worked without any problems.
now, in Debian there seems to be some implementation of rp-pppoe (I think... correct me if I'm wrong), but it isn't quite the same. I did the configuration with pppoeconf, and chose all the default answers, including "Yes" to whether I'm willing to automatically get primary & secondary DNS IP's.
I've noticed that when it happens, the /etc/resolv.conf file is changed.
when everything is ok, /etc/resolv.conf looks like this:

nameserver 212.150.49.10
nameserver 206.49.94.234
search

but after it happens, this is how /etc/resolv.conf looks like:

search
nameserver 10.0.0.138

so, something changes the /etc/resolv.conf file. but I don't know what is it. or why it happens.
can anyone help? I tried at linuxquestions.org but they didn't help much.
thanks in advance...