Re: problem with gaim

wood wood wrote:

hi
i installed gaim by 'apt-get installed gaim'
i am using sarge kernel 2.4 on compaq laptop.
i have nvidia audio driver and realtek
ethernet card.
now the problem is when i am chatting with somebody,
with each message sent and each message received,
i get this  error on my terminal.

libao - OSS cannot set channels to 1
this is a sound problem. this probably means you can't hear beeps while chatting. are you using the sound system for something else ?

so i dont know what problem is.

also i tried to send a file from  my pc through gaim
and the file went through. i was sending it to my
friend who is on yahoo msn. but my friend didnt
receive the file , he also didnt get prompt asking him to
accept the file

wood

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
http://farechase.yahoo.com