Re: NFS shares over the internet

On tirsdag 18 oktober 2005, 21:05, David Dawson wrote:
> the remote machine can ls the share, send and receive small files
> (say 100 bytes) but when an attempt to send or receive a larger file
> is made, the konqueror process reports 'stalled' and goes into
> uninterruptable sleep.

Uh, ouch. Well, I think conventional wisdom teaches that you wouldn't
want to expose NFS over the open network, allthough I personally don't
see many bad things when you've firewalled it off like that.

However, you might want to have a look at SFS: http://www.fs.net/sfswww/
There are debian packages. It takes quite a lot of configuration, but
works great for me.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer