Re: guessnet problem

L.V.Gandhi a écrit :

> > Maybe "arping -f" doesn't terminates with exit status 0. I imagine
> > "arping -q" would do it. Still, guessnet "test-peer" should be able
> > to find your host. Maybe with just "test peer" (not test3).
>
> arping is my test.

Yes it is. I am saying that, in this context of test run by guessnet,
"arping -q" might be more appropriate than "arping -f". I don't know for
sure, actually.

> One can not use test word. each test word has to be diifferent.

Yes, but "per stanza". Anyway, this is not the issue here.

> > > but with rebooting or doing  /etc/init.d/networking restart
> > >  I don't get the static IP address of 150.1.35.141 as in work
> > >  stanza.
> > > I tried with both command and also peer test.
> >
> > Please run "ifup eth0" and provide us with the output. Does it says
> > the interface is already up/configured, or is guessnet complaining?
>
> It doesn't give desired reslut.

Okay. I am sorry from being be such a inquisitive person, but what does
it give, then ?

--
Daniel Déchelotte
                  http://yo.dan.free.fr/