Re: Newsreader: Best of the bunch?

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 16:32 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> marc wrote:
> > No one expects a mail reader to be a word
> > processor - except M$ - nor a wordprocessor to be a mail reader - except
> > M$. QED :-)
>
>     You're wrong on the second one.  EMACS was trying to wrangle a mail reader
> out of a text editor long before Microsoft got the idea and ran with it.  ;P

Yeah, back in the day, vi users would say, "why use Emacs, I've
already got an OS".

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Why I Hate Liberalism: They *make* us, via government mandate,
"save precious water" by using a low-flow toilet (even though I
live 7 blocks from the largest river in North America). And to
boot... now we need to flush the toilet 2 or more times per
"incident", _using_more_water_, or risk clogging it up.