Re: Lucy & the Football

> This email is about Mozilla-thunderbird.
[ snip ]

Various other people have written you helpful messages about the
specific issues you've been facing.

I'd like to write instead and make a suggestion I hope you'll take
to heart:  give your posts subject lines that indicate what the
content of the message is about.

This mailing list gets a hell of a lot of traffic.  Because of that,
many (most?) serious or long-time readers filter ruthlessly; almost
nobody reads every thread on this list.  Perhaps the most-used tool
for this is the Subject: line.  Failure to give your posts useful
subject lines hurts you (I guarantee you there are experts and power
users of Thunderbird on this mailing list that didn't read your query,
but would have if it'd indicated it was about Thunderbird), and bugs
others who decide to go ahead and take a look only to find that it's
a post they would have passed by if they'd had a clue what it was
about.

Many users of this mailing list started out by reading and taking to
heart this document:

. . .and various new posters here get pointed to it from time to time.
It's not a waste of time to consider the suggestions therein.

HTH.

Cheers,

-c