RE: dpkg error, can't install and can't uninstall libread*

Well depending on how many dependencys you have on libreadline5 you could do
the following

apt-get -y --purge remove libreadline5

and then reinstall libreadline5 and all the other packages that were removed
if any I only had gnupg depending on libreadline5

Thank you,

Mark Adrian Coetser
mark@tux-edo.co.za
http://www.tux-edo.co.za, http://www.thummb.com