Re: hosts.deny doesn't work for web services

Hello

Nikolai Hlubek (<nikolai.hlubek@mailbox.tu-dresden.de>) wrote:

> On one of my machines I'm running a zope server. This server should
> only be accessible from my LAN so I set:
>
> hosts.deny
> ALL: ALL
>
> The hosts.deny manual states:
> This  denies all service to all hosts, unless they are permitted
> access by entries in the allow file.
>
> Ping and ssh connects are refused but the web services provided by
> zope are still accessible from the outside. Is this a bug or am I
> missing something here?

hosts_access only works for services that are started through tcpwrapper
or are built against libwrap. Your web server probably isn't. If you
use Apache, configure it to listen to the IP address of your LAN
interface only.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270