Re: How to make an Alarm-Notice with X/Fvwm

Andreas Tannert wrote:
Hello,

my problem is not so difficult to solve I think/hope. I use gkrellm and I want to use the battery plugin to warn me if my notebookbattery is running out of power. Therefore I need a command that opens a X-Window only with a Frame and a Text inside.

How can I do this with X or FVWM or other programs.

XMessage doesn't look very nice.

I would call that invoking a program that pops up a message.

I did just that, but with Qt. I have a generalized popup program:

*FvwmTaskBar: Button Icon mini-bomb.xpm, Action exec exec /home/hugo/GPC-Qt-hda5/do_dialog /home/hugo/GPC-Qt-hda5/do_halt.msg "sudo /sbin/halt"

do_dialog puts up a popup with the contents of "do_halt.msg" and when "OK" is hit executes "sudo /sbin/halt".

Of course it can popup any message and do anything.

If you are interested I can send you the code.