Re: gpg, Releae.gpg, and Ubuntu...

OK, finally got this ironed out -- the problem was not with gpg, which
I was using correctly (if blindly) but with my script, which put the
Release file in the wrong spot.  In any case, for hte archive, here's
a wiki page describing how to do what I was after:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallCDCustomizationHowTo

and many thanks Kjetil for your help!

matt