Re: /lib deleted

theal wrote:

> The /lib directory was deleted by accidentally on one of my servers.
> Does anyone know of a way to recover this?
>
> Tony

1. Restore from backup.

2. If you don't have a backup, copy the directory from a machine that's
setup as close as possible as your server. If it's not an exact clone,
you'll still likely run into some problems.

3. There's a way to export the list of currently installed packages (man
dpkg, or search the archives, or ask for someone who knows dpkg better
than I do); you can use that list to reinstall all your packages, which
should restore the /lib directory.

--
Kent