Re: Howto Debian Reinstall

Meshbah Uddin Ahmed wrote:

Hi,

i have been using debian sarge 3.1. all pkgs r works fine. few days ago i have faced a prb duting booting. at that time i want to reintsall my Debian from CD. i have downloaded this from online (minimal).

there is no option abt reinstall or upgrade as there is a option in REDHAT.

although i have tried to install from CD, but once a time it tries to edit partition table, when i want it tells to format the partition. so that i cant.

my problem solved after install debian newly. now i want to know

" HOW TO REINSTALL DEBIAN FROM CD"

pls help me, how can i fix it.

Perhaps, if you can explain the problem that you faced while booting, we could suggest some solution and then there would be no need to reinstall. I installed my debian system couple of years ago and it never needed a reinstall. Not solving the problem at hand and resorting to reinstalling/rebooting is a M$ way of doing stuff. Debian is far more superior than that.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE