Apt Needs Counseling

I have a problem with Apt. The problem is that Apt is trying to configure a package which I thinks still exists but in reality has been deleted. The problem was caused by my installing 'Webmin' via Apt, then using its auto-updater to update it and then Apt tried to update the version which did not exist, so I went and deleted Webmins folders. Here is part of the error message (it is the same for each package):
Setting up webmin-core (1.230-1) ...
/etc/webmin/webmin.acl: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing webmin-core (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of webmin-mailboxes:
webmin-mailboxes depends on webmin-core; however:
 Package webmin-core is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing webmin-mailboxes (--configure):
webmin-mysql
webmin-proftpd
webmin-core
webmin-mailboxes
freddie@macserv:~$

Does anyone know how I can tell Apt to just forget about those packages as if they were not there (which they aren't) and to move on?
Thanks for all of your help.